Julie's Juliery Journal

Monday, April 21, 2008

New Torch!

Hello! So I got a new torch a few weeks ago. It is a Minor Bench Burner and it runs off propane and oxygen. My old Hot Head ran off propalyne (Mapp gas). So now I have extra gas tanks in my garage!! Unfortunately, I used the Minor 3 times and got so fed up that I put it away and got out my old torch again. Aaaack!!! How embarrassing. But I kept burning all my beads, even though I didn't think I had the heat turned up very high. Once I get caught up on all my custom orders, I will get the new torch out again and play around with it and hopefully have better luck! It is a really good torch, and I know a lot of people who have that same type of torch. If they can do it, I can do it!!! I think I just need more practice (and more patience, LOL!!!)


This weekend I am doing a craft show which is a benefit for Relay for Life. Their official color is purple, so have been busy making extra purple jewelry! I just ordered some little sterling silver "awareness ribbon" charms. I think I'll charge a few extra dollars if people want an awareness ribbon attached to any piece of jewelry, and then donate that money back to Relay for Life. :) I've also been working on custom bead and jewelry orders. I'm really excited about how things have been going on Etsy. I need to list even more items there, because it seems like a very popular site! Ebay, on the other hand, has been very slow and not many items have been selling. So I probably won't be doing much Ebaying for awhile. But with Etsy, as soon as I get caught up on bead orders, another order will come in, so that's been keeping me busy! I am enjoying it!


The weather here has been getting nicer - it was in the 70's for this entire past weekend, which was really great. Except we'll need to cut our grass for the first time this year really soon, because we've also been getting a lot of rain!

3 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

Keep playing around with that new torch, it takes a bit to figure out just the right setting and then you'll be all set! :) I wish you still lived in Ann Arbor I would have swung by to help if I could.
PS. I LOVE your booth set up for shows! It looks like a fancy gallery! Gorgeous!

8:00 PM  
Blogger the Albino Bowler said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:16 AM  
Blogger Marianna said...

I love the new look of your website! How are things going with your new torch?

Talk to you soon!!

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home