Julie's Juliery Journal

Friday, June 03, 2005

Is it really June already??!!

Hi Everyone! Once again, time has slipped away from me and I haven't posted in a looooong time. I had thought May would be a very relaxing month with plenty of spare time...ha! I should have known better!! :) May was filled with planning & having 2 big birthday parties (my mom's 50th and my father-in-law's 60th), plus planning for & having this year's Michigan Youth Leadership conference. I am pleased to report that all 3 events were a huge success! The conference is always fun because it is great to be helping make a positive difference in the lives of so many students. I mainly do behind-the-scenes work, but next year I am going to attempt to be a Group Facilitator and have my own group of 8 or 9 students to work with and keep track of all weekend. This will be a HUGE step for me, as I am MUCH more comfortable behind the scenes! But I need to step outside of my comfort zone more often. So that is the plan. The birthday parties were both really fun - it is always good to see relatives/friends that I don't get to see very often. My father-in-law's party was a surprise for him, and I don't think he suspected anything until right beforehand. For both parties, my husband & I made the invitations and put together big picture collages, so that was a lot of fun! In a week or so, we are taking my mom to Mackinac Island for a birthday present as well. I've never been there, even though it's only 4 hours away from my house. It's weird to think I've been all over Europe and Australia, yet I've never been to Mackinac Island! It should be a nice and relaxing trip with lots of biking, shopping, eating, and lounging around.

This past month, I've only sat down with my torch a couple of times, and I have been really slacking off with my jewelry-making as well. But I am pleased to report that I feel like I'm making progress on raised floral beads, which were a big challenge for me when I first started making beads. Here is a nice example of what I made last week:


On Monday June 6th, my summer classes will be starting, so that will keep me busy for awhile. I've been trying to list on Ebay whenever I can, and I'm trying to get myself back into the routine of listing on Ebay pretty much every night. Right now I have some lovely patriotic earrings listed, as well as some dangly floral earrings! Please check them out!

Well, I suppose that is all for now. I need to make sure I post more often!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

Oooohhh that's an awesome set julie! What green is that it's so pretty!
You all are going to LOVE Mackinac it's so much fun and gorgeous! I highly recommend you do some horseback riding around the island as well as do a nice tandem bike tour of the island as well. Lot's of fun! take lot's of pic I can't wait to hear all about it!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

The green is actually a filigrana, I'm not sure of the exact color name. It might be "grass green filigrana". It is much easier for me to use filigrana for "vines" rather than using stringers!!!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Marianna said...

oh yeah! that's a good idea! they look great!

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home