Julie's Juliery Journal

Friday, December 16, 2005

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...!

Fa, la, la!! We got 8 inches of snow yesterday, just on time to make it look extremely Christmasy for all the holiday parties this weekend! We're having friends over tonight, and going to another friend's house tomorrow night. I love holiday parties because it is so nice to see everyone! :) Last night I did more shopping and wrapping, but there's still a bit more to do. With classes finished for the semester, I can actually go shopping without feeling guilty for neglecting my studies. It is quite nice!!! On a related note, I am looking forward to some bead-making time over the break (classes start again on January 5th). I want to make some Valentine's Day beads, particularly florals and maybe I'll even attempt some hearts!


On the Ebay front, I've been selling lots of holiday jewelry, which is cool. I haven't listed any auctions in the past couple days because I don't want them ending too close to Christmas day because everyone is running around too busy to be looking at Ebay and bidding anyway! So I probably won't list again til next Wednesday perhaps (so that the auctions would end a few days *after* Christmas). But we'll see. I'm hoping to make a ton of new earrings over the break as well, so keep an eye out for those, too!


Sunday is my sister Joann's graduation from the University of Michigan's Dearborn campus! Yay! She actually finished her classes over the summer and started Vet School at Michigan State this fall, but they don't have graduation ceremonies during the summer, so she's "officially" graduating this weekend. So we'll be going to her ceremony on Sunday morning. She is going to be awarded the Chancellor's Medallion. I'm not quite sure what that is, but it must be quite an honor because she gets to sit on a special platform at graduation, with all the "dignitaries"! Woo hoo! Then Sunday night is charity gift-wrapping at Southland Mall for Michigan Youth Leadership. This will be a super busy but super fun weekend! But next week I will have time to start in on some new beads and some new jewelry! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home